The Vidyalaya has a mess effectively functioning and plays an important role in the overall functioning of the Vidyalaya. The dining system in every Vidyalaya is uniform the over all in charge of the mess is the Vice-Principal/Senior most Teacher of the Vidyalaya. The Catering Assistant supervises the preparation, serving, cleaning and other related activities in the Mess. Catering Assistant and Staff Nurse ensure the health and hygienic conditions maintained in and around the Kitchen and dining hall. The students take their meals as per the scheduled time along with their House Masters and other teachers. The food items in the mess are prepared and served as per the menu as decided in the monthly mess committee meeting. The items for the mess are procured on the basis of tenders.
The Duties and Functions of the Mess Committee
- To plan and finalize the Menu and to suggest changes there in within existing financial norms.
- To supervise the quality and quantity of food stuff procured for the Vidyalaya Mess.
- To supervise the preparation & cooking of food in Mess.
- To suggest ways and means for making local purchases of fresh provisions, reduction in wastage of food, maintenance of proper discipline in the mess and maintenance of cleanliness in the dining hall and surrounding areas.
- To suggest and implement an effective serving system in the dining hall.The tenure of the Mess Committee is for one calendar year. The Samiti has sanctioned one post of a Cook and a Mess helper for Vidyalaya. Principal are allowed to appoint a few more helpers on part time / casual basis.